Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Jerry Blevins

Blevins, while admittedly he did walk a batter, lowered his opponents batting average to .216. Cahill, on the other hand, lowered his slightly to .262, while only going 5 2/3. Ross looked uncomfortable on the mound for the first time. I don't know if that was because of the unexpected at-bat or what, but he definitely did not look his usual composed self.

Do I think that Jerry Blevins is the second coming of Christ? No. But I think it should be a race between Cahill, Blevins and Ross for that fifth slot, and right now Blevins looks like he can get guys out with the most efficiency.

I did enjoy Cahill being lifted without anybody on the base paths in the sixth with two outs. The best pitching change I have witnessed all year with the possible exception of Joe Girardi lifting a New York set up man in the middle of an at-bat for Mariano Rivera. Not because the guy was hurt, but because he went 3-1 on a batter. 

No comments:

Post a Comment